Thursday, July 30, 2009

Photography - July 2009

I'm not so good at handling a DSLR, let alone a film SLR. But that's the only good camera I have with me right now. A Nikon film SLR which I got for photography class when I was in college. And a 400ASA Kodak film, which is so wrong for an amateur because it produced grainy prints if the settings are not right. But most of my shots are taken indoors with poor lighting so I wanted to try a film with higher film speed. (And then I gave up and just took shots under sunlight about 24 shots into the whole roll, so the last of my prints are slightly better than the first shots.)

AND my scanner was a mess so post processing was a whole lot harder to do.

Here are some of the photos I took this month.














And the Before-and-After of post-processing:









Phew. I'm thinking...not bad. I haven't touched my camera for nearly 7 years. And I don't have a DSLR to practice on. I just used point and shoot cameras so I wasn't really ready to be reunited with my SLR. But with a little practice, I know I'll get this right. :)

6 comments:

fran said...

its not so bad naman. you should try ASA 100 - 200 for your next set. :) sama mo ako. gamitin ko yung lca.

fran said...

oh, one more thing, i like film more than the digital. i think film is MAGIC.=)

karaiwashi said...

Film IS magic. Eh kasi nga night shots, dapat higher ASA (ISO) kasi dapat bilis ng shutter speed. eh ewan why did i forget all this while shooting...

fran said...

its okay. practice lang. :)
i will start doing photography plates/challenges.
oh, mukhang model ng zildjian si edge. hehe.

karaiwashi said...

Oo nga eh. I told him pwede nga sha magmodel kung matangkad sha hehehe.

fran said...

again. with the height issues. haha!